Nanga Parbat – Mazeno Pass Trek
Trekking type: Camping / Hotel Trek
Maximum altitude: 5370 m Best season: May - October
Day 01: Islamabad - Arrival
Arrival at Islamabad International Airport. Pickup and welcome by our representative and transfer to the hotel. Visits to Islamabad and Rawalpindi, including the Faisal Mosque, Daman-e-Koh viewpoint, market and Raja Bazaar. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Drive Islamabad - Chilas
After your early breakfast drive 490 km in 12-14 hours on the Karakorum Highway along the mighty Indus River through the remote valleys of Kohistan. In Besham Lunch, you reach the place after 290 km and 7-8 hours drive. In Chilas transfer to the hotel for dinner. Overnight at hotel.
Day: 03: Drive from Chilas to Karimabad
You drive 250 km through Raikot Gilgit and later to Karimabad Hunza. On the way stop at Rakaposhi View Point. Overnight at hotel.
Day: 04 : Drive Karimabad - Gulmit - Khunjerab Pass (4700 m) - Gulmit
320 km drive. In the morning drive to Gulmit and excursion to the Khunjerab Pass, the border between Pakistan and China. In the afternoon return to Gulmit. Overnight at hotel.
Day: 05 : drive Gulmit - Gilgit
In the morning drive to Karimabad with visits to the Baltit and Altit fortresses. Then 160 km drive to Gilgit. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Gilgit - Tareshing
In the morning trekking preparations, shopping and final errands. Meet with your kitchen team. Together you drive by jeep to the village of Tareshing. Overnight in the camp.
Day: 07 : Trek start Tareshing - Nanga Parbat Base Camp (Herrligkoffer Base Camp) (3500 m)
Trek start from Tareshing to the Herrligkoffer Base Camp. Views to the Nanga Parbat. Overnight in the camp. Walk 5 hours.
Day: 08 : Nanga Parbat Base Camp - rest day for acclimatization
Today you climb up to the back of the glacier for acclimatization and have beautiful views from there. Overnight in the camp.
Day: 09 : Nanga Parbat Base Camp - Shaigiri (3660 m)
A simple trek to Shaigiri leads you along green pastures, you have a wonderful view of the rupal flank of Nanga Parbat. Overnight in the camp. Walk for 3-4 hours.
Day 10 : Shaigiri - Mazeno Base Camp (4200 m)
Trek to Mazeno Base Camp, on the way views of the 6000 m mountains of the Toshain Mountains. Overnight in the camp.
Day: 11 : Mazeno Base Camp - Mazeno High Camp (4900 m)
Today it goes up steeply towards the Mazeno Pass, you have wide-ranging views of 5000m peaks. Overnight in the camp. Walk 5-6 hours.
Day: 12 : Mazeno High Camp - Mazeno Pass (5370 m) - Upper Loiba (4200 m)
Crossing the Mazeno Pass is the highlight of your trek. From here you descend towards Diamer. The descent is very steep, so you go roped and use crampons and pimples until you reach Ober Loiba. Overnight in the camp. Walk 7-9 hours.
Day: 13 : Upper Loiba - Loiba Meadows (3350 m)
Today you go to the Loiba meadows, picturesque pastures and coniferous forest. Overnight in the camp. Walk 5 hours.
Day 14 : Loiba Meadows - Kachal (3000 m)
Trek to Kachal with beautiful views of the Nanga Parbat. The path is quite easy and leads you through coniferous and birch forests, crosses the Aril River and arrives at the summer settlement Kachal at the foot of the 4400 m high Kachal Pass. Overnight in the camp. Go 4-5 hours.
Day 15 : Kachal - Diamer Base
From There are four routes from Kachal, the first via the Kachal Pass, the second to Zangot, the third to Loiba and the fourth to the Diamer base camp. You choose the gradually increasing path to Diamer Base Camp. On the way short stay in Kutgali. You will reach the Diamer base camp directly below the famous Diamir flank. The world famous mountain climber Reinhold Messner climbed or crossed Nanga Parbat from this side in 1979 and lost his brother on the way back. It is considered the most difficult route to the Nanga Parbat summit. Overnight in the camp.
Day: 16 : Diamer Base Camp - Zangot (4200 m)
Trek from Diamer Base Camp to Zangot. Overnight in the camp.
Day: 17 : Zangot - Halala / Trek end - drive Halala - Chilas
Trek to Halala Bunar. Your trek ends here and your vehicle is already waiting to take you and your team to Chilas. Overnight at hotel.
Day: 18: Drive Chilas - Islamabad
After breakfast in the hotel drive on the Karakorum Highway to Islamabad, which you will reach in the evening. Overnight at hotel.
Day: 19: Islamabad - Departure
check out of the hotel by 12 noon. At the departure time, we will take you to Islamabad Airport for your flight home.
The travel costs include:
Standard *** twin sharing
Meals (breakfast ,lunch,dinner)
- Transport in an air-conditioned 9-seater minibus for 1-5 people, in a 22-seater minibus for 6-9 people, in a 4x4 jeep for up to 4 people to Tareshing and gonar farm from Diamer side
- to the cultural and city tours of private guides private transfer and entrance fees (as stated in the program)
- a very experienced, good English speaking guide, guides from 10 people
- meals three times a day: breakfast (Tea, coffee, jam, bread, porridge, cornflakes). Noon (various hot meals, with cheese, cookies, tinned fish). 3-course dinner menu (soup, rice, lentils, vegetables, the first days also meat and chicken)
- Camping equipment: 2-person tents with sleeping pads
- an experienced chef who prepares continental, Pakistani and Chinese dishes; Kitchen tent with all necessary kitchen utensils
- a dining tent with folding tables (groups of 5or more people) (11a) folding chairs with backrest (11b) groups of 1-4 people dine in the kitchen tent
- when the weather is bad, a toilet tent , sometimes a fixed toilet house
- necessary carriers with good ones Equipment can carry up to 25 kg (12.5 kg of luggage per trekker; luggage that is not required can be deposited in the hotel), if necessary, rental for pack animals and their drivers
- Salary paid for guide, cook and porter
- Trekking permits (permits), nature park maintenance fee, summit permits, all state and local taxes, if necessary
- First aid equipment for the team
- Ropes, ice ax for the if required Guides
- Return transfer from the hotel to the international airport at the time of departure.
The costs do not include:
- International flight to and from Pakistan
- Visa fees for Pakistan
- All personal expenses
- Cola, Fanta and mineral water
- All alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the team and donations on the way
- Personal travel insurance such as international health insurance (please send a copy) and possibly luggage insurance (a helicopter flight costs approx. 6000 USD and must be paid in advance, or must be paid in advance by the Insurance company)
- for camping and lodge treks you need your own warm sleeping bag
- first aid kit and medication
- personal climbing equipment: for mountain climbing e.g. B. trekking poles, climbing harness, crampons, ice ax, jumare, carabiner, and abseil
- for smaller 5000m ascents possibly light crampons (Grödel)
- all additional activities and optional tours that deviate from the travel description
- unforeseen additional costs: for example if a path is impassable due to landslide, high snow or flooding. For charter flights, flight cancellations, strikes, etc. This can be additional hotel accommodation, meals, transfers, transport costs or higher and additional flight fees, which the customer must pay on site in any case. Riding horses while trekking.
- also in the case of short-term price increases, tax increases, higher entry and permit costs and the like. The customer must pay the difference by the state.
- In the event of illness or accident of a customer and the premature termination of his trek, the travel expenses cannot be reimbursed. It is common for the sick person to be accompanied back to the starting point by a guide and porter, and for the rest of the group to continue their planned trek. The additional transport fees, accommodation and meals have to be paid extra. 16) any service not mentioned above
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.